Key Benefits of Live Streaming Technology for the Healthcare Industry
As the world of healthcare becomes increasingly complex, technology has proven to be a constantly reliable resource. Of all the countless technology-driven solutions and tools at the disposal of this sector, live streaming appears to be creating a lot of interest lately.
During the pandemic, the healthcare sector witnessed rapid adoption of live streaming. From virtual doctor visits, remote patient monitoring, and the use of healthcare robots, live streaming helps reduce the need for people to physically interact with one another. And, OTT solutions help deliver secured live streams to support healthcare providers. To get a better idea of why that is, we must first take a look at the different avenues where live streaming could be potentially used:
1. Telemedicine: Live streaming in the healthcare sector is now also being used to provide live consultations albeit remotely, share knowledge, and even conduct surgeries remotely among other things. As a result, better quality healthcare has become increasingly accessible to a growing number of people all over the world.
2. Virtual training: There is no denying that both technology and the healthcare sector continue to evolve at a rapid pace. This, in turn, puts the spotlight on perpetual training needs and that may not always be feasible to do in person. The alternative, then, is virtual training and live streaming has proven to be just the right tool, allowing medical educators and doctors to train students all over the world in myriad facets of the industry, including surgery, diagnosis, protocols, etc.
3. Remote medical scribes: Yet another use case for live streaming in the world of healthcare is documentation of patients’ medical records. While proper medical records are crucial to ensuring high-quality treatment and care, the truth remains that maintaining such records can be painfully time-consuming. To address this challenge, doctors simply live-stream their consultations with patients to third parties who jot down the requisite details and pass them back to the doctors, hospitals, etc.
Time to take a look at some of the key benefits of this technology in the healthcare sector:
1. Webinars: More and more healthcare organizations have turned to live streaming to conduct real-time webinars, deliver training for emergency protocols, stream critical surgeries, etc.
2. Education: A growing number of hospitals and surgeons are opting to live stream their surgeries for the benefit of students. Yep, live streaming surgeries are now being used to help impart practical education to students all over the world.
3. Better patient review system: Thanks to streaming live, people looking for a hospital for treatment and/or surgery have a new means to review the available options. More than 30 percent of people search for such reviews and testimonials before deciding which healthcare facility to opt for.
Finally, a few real-life examples:
1. Phoenix Children’s Hospital: The hospital live streamed the surgery to repair a young teen’s pectus excavatum. Within three months of this live stream, the hospital received 12 requests for the same procedure.
2. Dr. Shafi Ahmed: Responsible for introducing the concept of live streaming to the world of medicine: he live-streamed, via Snapchat, a surgery to over 200 students.
There is no denying that the world of healthcare has and continues to benefit from countless new technologies and tools in the market. The latest in this lot, then, is live streaming, of course; as the above discussion demonstrates, the healthcare sector stands to not only achieve better results, and deliver enhanced care but also improve the quality of care, productivity, and so much more. Now, if you too are ready to put this advanced technology to work for your healthcare business, you must start looking for a trusted live video streaming app development company ASAP and get started on the project.